Тема: WR Shift 2
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 19.05.2011, 19:37   #4
VGSpeedPro

Hi!

Thanks for your answers. I hope I understood correctly what you were saying!

a) So, you have prepared WR Shift 2 Site to be separated by Handling Mode, but you still are unsure how you are going to do it... Its quite simple: Pro/Elite mode, which dont allow the PC to drive the car, should be the only truly allowed for a competition like this one.
In Shift 1 we had to allow all Handling Modes, because there was a Grip difference between them, and so Casual was faster then Pro. But in Shift 2 that doesnt happen, and if people use lower Handling Models is because they want to have the PC turning the wheel for them...
Now is this what we want in a competition intended for the best in the world? To see the records being dominated by people that are unable to control the back of the car or the sliding? People that are using completly rubish setups because the PC compensates them?

For me is clear... WR Project is for all Drivers yes, but those in 1st positions must be Elite Drivers, not casual ones.

You can also consider this... You allow all Handling modes, but if its not Pro or Elite, Drivers receive a time penalty... Let's say 1 to 2s for each minute of Driving.

b) You say you didnt enforce Telemetry because you are affraid some drivers, especially the fastest ones, will not like it. Well, you are the God in WR, so if you say it has to be, it has to be... If they dont like it, then they dont participate. To be honest, being affraid to share Telemetry is being a pussy. If one says he has the WR on some track, then he should stand by it, not hide in the shadows like a little boy.
Anyway, there is another thing, even more important then all of this... In order for WR to achieve its purporse, people must believe the WR Client really avoids abuse by the Drivers... Telemetry is a fundamental tool to make this happen, to make people believe in WR Project.

c) Like I said, the main ranking should be based on the best Lap of each Driver on each Track. Still, the idea of allowing Drivers to have multiple results by track pending they use different cars is not a bad one, although the best would be to make this for different ranking cars (A, B, C, D).

Cya INFEL8! Many thanks for your hard work!

Rogério
VGSpeedPro вне форума   Ответить с цитированием